Courage ~ Sacrifice ~ Devotion
Facebook Twitter


  • How do I obtain a Restraining Order?
            Restraining Orders may be obtained by going to the Kent County Court House (for West Warwick
            Residents) located at 222 Quaker Lane, Warwick, RI. The court of jurisdiction (Superior, Family or
            District) will depend on your relationship to the offender.
  • How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
             You can come down to the Police Dept. and see the Record's Division Clerk and request a Records
             Request form.  Or visit the Records Dept. tab and print out the form and drop it off.
             Reports will be released in compliance with Rhode Island general law chapter 38, section 2.
             Requests can take up to 10 days and a request for records may be denied under circumstances
             define in R.I.G.L. 38-2-2(5)(d).
             If your request is denied, you may ask to speak with an Administrative Services Division Supervisor
             for further explanation. Additionally, you have the right to file an appeal of such a denial as described in
             R.I.G.L. 38-2-8.

  • What do I do if I have a complaint about an Officer?

             You can call or come in to the Police Department and request to speak to the Officer In Charge.

              If you know the shift that the Officer works (8-4pm, 4-12am, 12am-8am) please try to call during

              those hours and ask for the Supervisor of that shift.

              We also provide in the "Online Forms and Documents" section of this site a "Civilian Complaint"
              packet that can be printed and filled out and dropped off at Police Headquarters.


  • How do I obtain a VIN check?


              Refer to the “VIN Check Info” tab on the left hand side of the Home Page for details.


  • How do I get fingerprinted for employment/adoption/foster care?


              You can call the BCI Detective at 401-827-9010 to make an appointment.
              Please refer to the “Fingerprint Appointment Info” tab on the left side of the Home Page for
              all the details.


  • Are you currently recruiting?
              Please click on the the “Employment Opportunities” tab at the top of the Home Page for hiring
              dates, application information, and employment qualifications for the positions of Police Officer,
              Police Dispatcher, and Animal Control Officer.


  • How do I pay a Municipal Court Fine?


               All information regarding Municipal Court procedures can be located by clicking on the
               “Municipal Court Info” tab on the left hand side of the Home Page.





Copyright 2019 West Warwick Police Department. All rights reserved